Introduction to the IVES Training System™
If you haven’t yet received an introduction to the IVES Training System™, you are missing out on the best operator training system available! IVES Training Group has been built around the simple philosophy that “any job worth doing, is worth doing right.” The IVES Training System™ helps you perform all the required steps in order to make your training ‘right’. We start with training your trainers – not only in how to train but also in proper documentation. We supply you with comprehensive training and re-training materials as well as industry-specific training aids; we provide on-going technical and administrative support and remind you when your operators need to be retrained.
Let’s take a closer look at the individual components within The IVES Training System™ that give IVES-trained industrial mobile equipment trainers the knowledge, skills, tools and support they need to deliver effective operator training.
IVES Training System™
Each of our Train the Trainer Certification Programs are designed to provide your trainer with the knowledge, training and experience to train operators and evaluate their competence as well as materials and visual aids that will assist in delivering classroom theory information. The IVES Training System™ will help you to ensure that your company’s mobile equipment operator training meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards and government regulations in certifying/qualifying your operators of forklifts, aerial lifts, loaders, excavators and mobile cranes. These programs also provide trainers with equipment specific hands on experience, and ongoing support to certify your in-house mobile equipment operators.
Train the Trainer Certification Programs
We offer our trainer certification programs for forklifts, aerial lifts, loaders and excavators at various locations across North America. We have a network of facilities from which to deliver our programs in an open enrollment format that will teach your trainee the IVES Training System™, giving them the knowledge, skills and tools to certify your operators in-house.
Training is the key component necessary to develop knowledge. Training will furnish the trainer with the three most important aspects of equipment operation that they must convey to operators:
- What to do
- How to do it
- Why it must be done
The IVES Training System™ delves deeply into the theory and workings of each piece of equipment and teaches trainers the instructional techniques involved in how to best communicate these concepts in both a classroom and field environment.
The IVES Training System™ places a great deal of importance on practical hands-on training. In fact, we believe it is the primary factor that defines us as the premiere training provider in the industry. Our system provides the opportunity for trainers to practice, develop and demonstrate techniques and concepts learned in the classroom. Our programs provide hands-on experience and evaluation on topics such as:
- Overall knowledge of equipment theory
- Instructional techniques
- Classroom and field communication skills
- Ability to effectively train and evaluate operator trainees
- Capability to consistently exhibit professional behavior
- Desirable traits of an effective trainer
Every trainer needs reliable, accurate and detailed reference material to help them convey the many concepts and procedures involved in safe industrial mobile equipment operation. The IVES Training System™ provides just such tools in the form of:
The centerpiece of the trainer’s resources containing detailed information on all aspects of industrial mobile equipment operator training.
Operator Compliance Packages
These equipment-specific products are the main hub in the system in which everything else revolves. These packages contain essential materials for both the trainer and the operator.
Operator Recertification Materials
Regulations require that forklift operators be recertified/refreshed on a regular basis. IVES operator recertification materials have been developed to assist both the trainer and the operator in making the recertification process as smooth as possible. We have comprehensive study guides for the operator and all-inclusive recertification notepads for the trainers. Requalification materials are also available for aerial boomlift and scissor lift operators.
Training aids provide a visual reference that give operator trainees a mental, three dimensional image to hold on to thus enhancing the learning experience – training aids that currently form part of the IVES Training System™ are:
- Stability Pyramid Model: reinforces the concept of stability.
- Overhead Transparencies on CD: visually enhance upon the Operator Reference Manuals.
- Safety Training Videos: reinforces concepts learned during training.
- Die Cast Training Models: provide a visual representation of the equipment.
- Safety Posters, Signs and Stickers: surround your trainees with safety messages.
- Digital Training Aids: DTAs with scores of electronic images specifically defined to complement selected operator reference manuals.
We provide Trainer Upgrade programs to add additional equipment types to a trainer’s current certification credentials. We also offer a unique Trainer Recertification program, which is a refresher program and general open forum for IVES Certified Trainers who want updated information and a platform to address solutions to their unique challenges.
Everybody needs support including qualified trainers. Whether it is the answer to a technical or administrative issue, questions on documentation or a motivational pep talk, the IVES Training System™ provides trainers with a comprehensive support network to tend to their every training need. Our network includes:
- Toll-free Assistance: for quick answers to your questions, call 1-800-643-1144 , 8:00 AM -4:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time) Monday through Friday. You may leave a message after hours.
- Ask Bob: an online technical support service, Bob is our resident expert on all things technical.
- TrainTrak™: this FREE service is offered to all IVES Certified Trainers. Input your list of your IVES-certified operators and we’ll email you a Recertification Reminder notice prior to the expiration date of your operator’s original certification.
- IVES Website: our web site is full of information – not only will you find all our program and product information but you’ll also find previous issues of the IVES Update, FAQ’s, links to regulatory authorities, general items of interest and what trade shows or events you can find us at.
- IVES Update Newsletter: our trainers receive this quarterly newsletter chock full of interesting articles, regulatory updates, accident reports, and of course information on what’s new in the IVES world.