Excavator Trainer Upgrade
IVES Excavator Trainer Upgrade Program is exclusively for IVES Certified Trainers who wish to acquire the technical knowledge needed to train operators on mini/compact excavators. This program addresses light to medium duty units in the 2,500 – 50,000 lb. GVW range. This program isn’t make or model specific, our training covers concepts common to all types of excavators including John Deere, Case, CAT, Hitachi, Liebherr, Kato, Kubota, and Mitsubishi. This 1-day Excavator Trainer Upgrade will add mini/compact excavator credentials to an IVES Certified Trainer’s credentials. All program attendees will gain technical knowledge of this equipment through classroom study and hands-on exercises.
It is well known that forklift training has been and will continue to be a focus for regulatory authorities such as OSHA, but did you also know that the forklift training requirements laid out by OSHA also provide an excellent template for training on other pieces of equipment like excavators? Register in an IVES Excavator Trainer Upgrade program today and find out how you can achieve the highest level of regulatory compliance in all of your in-house equipment safety training.
Program Duration: One day
Equipment: Light to medium duty units in the 2,500 – 50,000 lb. gross vehicle weight range
- Classroom theory training – 50%
- Practical hands-on training – 50%
Program Capacity: Maximum of 6
- Excavator interactive theory review
- Pre-use inspections
- Practical training exercises and evaluations
- Parking and shut down
- Trainees must be IVES Certified Trainers prior to attending.
- Please be aware that attendees of all training programs delivered by IVES must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees will be sent an Excavator Operator Reference Manual prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed workbook with them on Day 1 of the program.
- Trainees should have experience working on and/or with the equipment addressed in this program.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program.
- Price $495.00 per person
- Prices are subject to change without notice
Competent Person – Excavation
IVES strongly recommends that persons attending the Excavator Trainer Certification program or Excavator Trainer Upgrade program should also attend a Competent Person – Excavation course.
If you are going to use an excavator or any other means to dig holes and or trenches into the earth, otherwise known as excavating, your local federal, state or provincial regulatory agency is likely to have many rules that you must follow, especially if people must enter the excavation. One of the most important rules to take note of is the requirement for excavations to be designed and regularly inspected by a competent person with very specific qualifications and, in some cases, professional standing.
For more detailed information, refer to the excavations and or trench-related sections of the occupational safety and health regulations applicable in your area. Keep in mind that Competent Person training in excavations is available through some of our partners and host sites such as, Safety Center Incorporated and United Rentals Inc.