Learn how to train and certify counterbalanced, vertical mast forklift operators in our fast paced Express Counterbalanced Forklift Trainer Certification Program. We will teach your trainer everything they need to know about electric and engine-powered counterbalanced (standard warehouse style), vertical mast forklifts and how to effectively train your operators. Trainees receive in-depth instruction on powered industrial trucks as well as extensive instruction on how to effectively train forklift operators. Each trainee’s knowledge and demonstrated skills are evaluated and graded prior to certification. Successful attendees will receive a certificate of completion and trainer wallet card.
This course isn't make or model specific, our training covers concepts common to all types of lift trucks including Clark, Hyster, Raymond, Clark, Crown, John Deer, Toyota, Nissan and Yale. This program meets or exceeds all applicable North American government regulations and the industry standards they reference.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 2 days
Lunch: Provided on both days
Equipment Addressed: Counterbalanced, Vertical Mast Forklifts
- 70% Classroom Theory Training
- 30% Practical Hands-on Training
Program Capacity: Maximum of 9
Click here to download our Express Counterbalanced Forklift Trainer Certification Program brochure.
- Introduction and orientation
- Trainer pre-test
- Program overview and objectives
- Review of applicable regulations and standards
- Classroom and practical instructional techniques
- Counterbalanced Forklift Reference Manual review
- Homework assignment
- Review of Day 1
- Theory presentation
- Review practical training skills
- Practical evaluation forms and procedures
- Practical evaluation hands-on exercises
- Counterbalanced Forklift Trainer Theory Test
- Documentation procedure
- Final Written Examination
- Operator recertification procedures
- Program review and wrap-up
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees must have experience using the equipment.
- Trainees must be comfortable working with numbers.
- Trainees will be sent a Counterbalanced Forklift Reference Manual approximately three weeks prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual with them to the program.
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are strongly recommended.
- A portion of this program will be outdoors therefore trainees should wear appropriate clothing.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program. A successful trainee will be qualified as an IVES Certified Trainer.
- Please be advised that the program trainer cannot accommodate trainees arriving late or those requiring early departure for any reason. Please ensure that you or the trainee you select is able to attend the full duration of the program, as failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful completion.
- $1,095.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.