Our Rough Terrain Telehandler Trainer Upgrade Program is exclusively for IVES Certified Trainers of forklift operators who wish to acquire the technical knowledge needed to train operators of rough terrain telehandlers (variable reach). This program isn’t make or model specific and covers concepts common to all types of lift trucks including Gradall, Skyreach, Sky Trak, CAT, GEHL, JCB, Lul, Lift King, CASE, Sellick, TCM, Eagle Picher, and New Holland.
This 1-day program will upgrade a trainer's certification credentials to include the Rough Terrain Telehandler (Variable Reach) (Industrial Truck Association Class 7). All program attendees will gain technical knowledge of all terrain telehandler forklifts through classroom study and hands-on exercises. Successful attendees will receive a certificate of completion and trainer wallet card.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 1 day
Equipment Addressed: Rough Terrain Telehandlers
- 50% Classroom Theory Training
- 50% Practical Hands-on Training
Program Capacity: Maximum of 9
Click here to download our Rough Terrain Telhandler Trainer Upgrade Program brochure.
- Rough Terrain Telehandler Reference Manual review
- Main parts and their function
- Factors affecting stability and capacity
- Load chart review and quiz
- Safe operating procedures
- Pre-use inspections
- Practical training exercises & evaluations
- Parking and shut down
- Trainees must be IVES Certified Forklift Trainers prior to attending.
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees must have experience using the equipment.
- Trainees must be comfortable working with numbers.
- Trainees will be sent a Rough Terrain Telehandler Reference Manual approximately three weeks prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual to the program.
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are required while working with the equipment.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is recommended.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program.
- Please be advised that the program trainer cannot accommodate trainees arriving late or those requiring early departure for any reason. Please ensure that you or the trainee you select is able to attend the full duration of the program, as failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful completion.
- $545.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.