Our Online Trainer Recertification Program is a refresher program for trainers of forklift, mobile elevating work platform, loader and excavator operators. We encourage all IVES Certified Trainers to attend a Trainer Recertification class once every three years.
This Online Trainer Recertification program is not equipment specific and addresses a wide scope of issues that trainers encounter during their specific training programs. These topics range from disruptive trainees, communication barriers and faulty equipment to regulatory compliance issues, training aids and evaluation procedures. Discussions are conducted in an interactive style with the Program Facilitator directing the discussion toward practical solutions. Successful attendees will receive an updated certificate of completion and trainer wallet card.
If you have IVES-issued credentials to train operators of scissor lifts or aerial boomlifts issued before June 2019 please be advised that you are required to attend the MEWP Trainer Update offered at no additional cost as a part of this Trainer Recertification Program. For efficiency, the MEWP update information is withheld until after other, non-MEWP Certified Trainers have been dismissed from the program. You must successfully complete this portion of the program in order to keep your MEWP-related training credentials valid.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 1 day
Program Description: This program is not equipment-specific. IVES Certified Trainers on all types of equipment should attend this program once every three years to renew their trainer credentials. This program will not add additional equipment to a trainer's credentials, but will extend their credentials for an additional three years.
- 60% Open Forum Discussion
- 40% Online Instruction
Program Capacity: Varies by Program
Click here to download our Trainer Recertification Program brochure!
- Identifying the challenges and/or issues the attendees would like to have addressed
- Review of applicable regulations and standards
- Site and equipment-specific training review
- Discussion on the concept of the "General Duty" clause
- Discussion on the concept of "Due Diligence"
- Lesson planning for your location and training
- Instructional techniques review
- Practical evaluation review
- Operator recertification procedures
- IVES training material update and "Digital Training Aids"
- Final Written Examination
- Final questions and wrap up
- This program is exclusively for IVES Certified Trainers.
- Participants must:
- Have your own computer that is connected to the internet and can run online meeting software, specifically Zoom is required to attend this program. Access to the audio portion is available using computer audio (headset that has a microphone is recommended) or is available by dialing into the meeting using a telephone. We find computer audio is best whenever possible. The following link is helpful for first time Zoom users to familiarize themselves with how to use the Zoom program: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- Have a login enabled for https://www.ivestraining.com/SignIn, please ensure that you are able to sign in prior to the start of this training program. Once you are signed into the IVES Member dashboard click on personal profile and verify that the information is listed correctly. If you need to make any corrections, please do so on this page. Successful attendees will receive an updated certificate of completion and trainer wallet card. The picture used on your wallet card is the same picture listed on your personal profile page so if you would like us to use a different picture for your card please click on the “Upload” button to update your picture accordingly.
- If you need to make changes to your Company Profile information, please call 1-800-643-1144 so we can update that information on your behalf.
- You may be directed to download support documents from the IVES Member Dashboard during this program. We encourage you to insert these documents into your Trainer's Manual where appropriate. If you no longer have a Trainer's Manual, you may purchase a replacement. Call 1-800-643-1144 to place your order.
- $445.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.