Our Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) Trainer Upgrade Program is exclusively for IVES Certified Trainers who wish to upgrade their trainer credentials and gain the knowledge and skills required to qualify operators on boomlifts and scissor lifts. This is a fast-paced 1-day program that will get you ready to train your scissor lift and aerial boomlift operators. Trainees will gain technical knowledge of this equipment through classroom study and hands-on exercises with the equipment. Successful attendees will receive an updated certificate of completion and trainer wallet card.
This program isn't make or model specific and covers concepts common to all types of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) including JLG, Genie and Skyjack. The content of this program meets or exceeds all applicable North American government regulations and the industry standards they reference.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 1 day
- Aerial Boomlifts
- Scissor Lifts
- 50% Classroom Theory Training
- 50% Practical Hands-on Training
Program Capacity: Maximum of 10
Click here to download our MEWP Trainer Upgrade Program brochure.
- MEWP interactive theory review
- Main parts and their function
- Factors affecting stability
- Safe operating procedures
- Pre-use inspections
- Practical training exercises and evaluations
- Parking and shut down
- Trainees must be IVES Certified Trainers prior to attending.
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees must have experience using the equipment.
- Trainees must be comfortable working with numbers.
- Trainees will be sent an Mobile Elevating Work Platform Reference Manual approximately three weeks prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual with them to the program.
- Trainees are strongly encouraged to bring their own personal fall protection equipment (full body harness and lanyard).
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are required while working with the equipment.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is recommended.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program.
- Please be advised that the program trainer cannot accommodate trainees arriving late or those requiring early departure for any reason. Please ensure that you or the trainee you select is able to attend the full duration of the program, as failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful completion.
- $875.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.