Our Excavator Trainer Upgrade Program is exclusively for IVES Certified Trainers who wish to acquire the technical knowledge needed to train operators on mini/compact excavators. This is a fast-paced program that will get you ready to train your excavator operators. This program isn’t make or model specific, our training covers concepts common to all types of excavators including John Deere, Case, CAT, Hitachi, Liebherr, Kato, Kubota, and Mitsubishi.
Trainees will gain technical knowledge of this equipment through classroom study and hands-on exercises with the equipment. Successful attendees will receive an updated certificate of completion and trainer wallet card. Register today and find out how you can achieve the highest level of regulatory compliance in all of your in-house equipment safety excavator training.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 1 day
Equipment: Light to medium duty excavators (2,500 – 50,000 lb GVW)
- 50% Classroom Theory Training
- 50% Practical Hands-on Training
Program Capacity: Maximum of 6
Click here to download our Excavator Trainer Upgrade Program brochure.
- Excavator Reference Manual review
- Main parts and their function
- Factors affecting stability and capacity
- Safe operating procedures
- Pre-use inspections
- Practical training exercises and evaluations
- Parking and shut down
- Trainees must be IVES Certified Trainers prior to attending.
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees must have experience using the equipment.
- Trainees must be comfortable working with numbers.
- Trainees will be sent an Excavator Reference Manual approximately three weeks prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual with them to the program.
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are required while working with the equipment.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is recommended.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program.
- IVES strongly recommends that trainees attending this program should also attend a Competent Person – Excavation course. For more information, refer to the excavations and or trench-related sections of the occupational safety and health regulations applicable in your area. Competent Person Training in excavations is available through our partners Safety Center Incorporated and United Rentals Inc.
- Please be advised that the program trainer cannot accommodate trainees arriving late or those requiring early departure for any reason. Please ensure that you or the trainee you select is able to attend the full duration of the program, as failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful completion.
- $545.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.