Learn how to train and qualify skid-steer loader operators in our Express Skid-Steer Loader Trainer Certification Program. Trainees receive in-depth instruction on the design and safe use of skid-steer loaders as well as extensive instruction on how to effectively train and evaluate earth moving equipment operators. This instructor course isn’t make or model specific; our training covers concepts common to all types of loaders including Bobcat, CAT, John Deere, Komatsu, JCB, Volvo, Kubota and TCM.
Forklift training has been and will continue to be a focus for regulatory authorities such as OSHA, but did you also know that the forklift training requirements laid out by OSHA also provide an excellent template for training on skid-steer loaders? This course is a comprehensive, cost effective method of ensuring that your skid-steer operators receive training and evaluation that meets or exceeds all applicable government regulations and referenced industry standards.
Register now! View our program calendar for upcoming dates or call 1-800-643-1144 to register by phone.
Program Duration: 2 days
Equipment Addressed: Skid-Steer Loaders
- 70% Classroom Theory Training
- 30% Practical Hands-on Training
Program Capacity: Maximum of 9
Click here to download our Express Skid-Steer Loader Trainer Certification Program brochure!
- Introduction and orientation
- Trainer pre-test
- Program overview and objectives
- Review of applicable regulations and standards
- Classroom and practical instructional techniques
- Skid-Steer Loader (SSL) Operator Reference Manual review
- Study recommendations
- Review of Day 1
- Theory presentation
- Review practical training skills
- Practical evaluation forms and procedures
- Practical evaluation hands-on exercises
- SSL Trainer Theory Test
- Documentation procedure
- Final Written Examination
- Operator recertification procedures
- Program review and wrap-up
- Trainees must have functional English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Trainees must have experience using the equipment.
- Trainees must be comfortable working with numbers.
- Trainees will be sent a Skid-Steer Loader Operator Reference Manual approximately three weeks prior to the program for review and completion. Each trainee must bring their completed manual with them to the program.
- Safety toed shoes and a high visibility vest are required while working with the equipment.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is recommended.
- Operator credentials are not issued during this program. A successful trainee will be qualified as an IVES Certified Trainer.
- Please be advised that the program trainer cannot accommodate trainees arriving late or those requiring early departure for any reason. Please ensure that you or the trainee you select is able to attend the full duration of the program, as failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful completion.
- $1,195.00 per person.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- 30+ days prior: You may reschedule once free of charge. Any subsequent reschedule is subject to a 10% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior: Reschedules are subject to a 25% administrative fee. Cancellation is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Less than 14 days prior: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- Day of program: Not eligible for reschedule or refund.
- IVES reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this training program for reasons including, but not limited to, low enrollment and logistical difficulties. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances require a course cancellation.